Growing up in poverty, kids face tough challenges: hunger and malnutrition, limited access to education and medical services, gang violence, social discrimination and isolation. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
How do you end global poverty? You start with kids.
Mukono Multi-Purpose Youth Organisation partners with you to help the needy
We work in areas of Mukono, Kayunga, and Buikwe districts. We focus on housing rights, HIV/Aids intervention, Education, Child Protection, Environment, resulting in confident people in control of their own livelihoods.
Sustainable Development Goals
1. Empowered Young People, Woman and Men with skills and innovations for livelihood enhancement.
No Poverty, Zero Hunger, Good Health and Wellbeing, Quality Education, Gender Equality
- 2: Increased access to decent and affordable housing by Young People, Women, and Men;
Gender Equality, Sustainable cities and Communities
- 3: Increased Effectiveness of MUMYO in realizing strategic objectives;
- Partnership for the Goals
- 4: Increased Environment Mainstreaming in program activities.
Clean Water and Sanitation, Affordable, sustainable, and Clean Energy, Climate Action, Life on Land
Our mission extends beyond the Charity and into the communities that we serve.
We aim to promote the rights and well-being of the young men and women, with emphasis on the marginalized social groups. Our vision is a society with empowered young people, men and women, able to sustain self-reliance.
Training activities are critical to our organization mission to ending poverty and empowering our target groups to take charge of their destiny and become forces of social change.