Membership of the organization is open to individuals and groups that subscribe to the aims and objectives of the organization, set forth in the constitution, irrespective of sex, race, religion or political affiliations.
Applicants have to complete an “application for membership” form, which shows all information required for purpose of the register of members. Applications are submitted to the Board Secretary, for review, then accepted membership on confirmation by the General Assembly. However, membership is divided into three categories, indicated below;
This type of membership is open to Ugandans, men and women, youth and elderly, with interest in youth activities, development and cooperation.
Open to community-based groups including youth and women groups, associations and other social groups, that share or have similar development objects to MUMYO. Groups that wish to become members have to fill an application form accompanied by: –
- A copy of their bye-laws or constitution
- A copy of the certificate of registration, if available.
- A letter of recommendation from the Chairman L.C 1 I in their area of operation.
This category is granted to individuals and institutions that are not members of the organization. Membership in this category is granted by invitation, by the Board of Directors and confirmed by the General Assembly, on the basis of –
- Commitment and support for youth and children development.
- Contributions towards the achievement of the organization goals and objectives
- Efforts taken to promote the organization’s image, both within and out side Uganda.