Founded in 1992, Mukono Multi-Purpose Youth Organisation (MUMYO) is a registered non-profit and membership organization working in Mukono, Kayunga, Buikwe and Buvuma districts of Uganda with the aim of promoting the rights and wellbeing of the young men and women, especially in the rural areas. It is legally registered with the Uganda National Bureau of NGOs, Registration. No. S.5914/ 1116 and it is an NGO in consultative (special) status with the Economic and social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations.
The young men and women play an important role in the sustainable development of the communities they live. They contribute to their family incomes, advocate for their rights and stand at the fore front of efforts for positive changes.
A society with empowered young people, men and women, able to sustain self-reliance. .
To promote entrepreneurial skills development among the young people, women and men, through training and advocacy using human based approach.
- To attain sustainable human livelihood for the disadvantaged communities in the greater Mukono region through social and economic empowerment.
- To develop and strengthen youth programs, leading to self-reliance, through training, micro enterprise schemes and exchange visits
- To advocate for increase access to and quality education both formal and non formal including child education and career guidance
- To promote adult functional literacy, vocational and apprenticeship schemes for youth and out of school, street children and youth with disabilities.
- To build the abilities of young people to participate effectively in development and decision making process through youth camps, workshops and conferences.
- To initiate and implement projects geared towards hunger and poverty alleviation, improved healthcare environmental protection for sustainable development